4 Mar 2017

4 March 2017 Laid up in Jolly Harbour for a while ....

I injured my back 5 days ago getting out of a swivel chair in a car hire place and have been out of commission ever since. Copious amounts of ibuprofen have not done the trick and so yesterday I went to see a physiotherapist who quickly eliminated a slipped disc and trapped nerve, and whittled the problem down to a damaged ligament in the lower back. I was pulled about and manipulated, theN put onto a machine that pulsed shocks into the affected area to do something to the muscles there, then into a microwave to heat the area up, and sent back to the boat to swim and otherwise relax. I don't mind the swimming, but I find the relaxing bit hard.

As it turns out, the winds are picking up again this week so we would probably be staying in the bay anyway, so no big deal, and there are far worse places to have to stay for a while.

In conversation with a local shopowner this morning, there has been a sighting of a pod of killer whales very close by, I have seen the video that a local fisherman took and will try to post it to the blog, at one point, the orcas seem to be suspended vertically in the water by the boat just having a good look at the fishermen. It is very unusual for them to be in these waters, and a little scary too, maybe they are hoping to catch the migrating whales and their babies.

Anyway, I have to go and rest up again ....