12 Feb 2017

12/2/2017 : It's official, we're not leaving Les Saintes

Well not for another day at least!  We all love it here and yesterday afternoon were lucky enough to experience some island colour in the shape of two marching bands practising, we think for the Mardi Gras carnival at the end of the month which sadly we'll miss given we'll be dropping off guests in Antigua.  Such a shame but at least we got a flavour of it yesterday afternoon.

Our meal out last night was fabulous, the best food we have ever eaten out here.  We all chose the same starter (ravioli stuffed with langoustine, truly delicious) and whilst we had four different main courses they were all first class.

This morning I plucked up courage to go snorkeling for the first time in my life and it was amazing!  I've always feared fish swimming around me but Paul and Jon said the snorkeling site was so good (a coral garden of corals of all shapes, sizes and colours and myriad fish) that I decided to take the plunge, and boy was it worth it!  Definitely a convert.  Paul and Jon snorkelled over a wreck yesterday and so that will be my next outing. Jon took some amazing underwater photos of Paul at the wreck.