16 May 2013

[Cruise News] 0745 local time

I'm demoted back to Cruise News now after my temporary presence on Captain's Blog!  I thought I'd let the Skipper complete today's entry given he's made the passage after all!

Well I've just received a text from Jay Jay to say they have rounded the south of Faial and have 10 miles to go to the marina.  So I'm keeping an eye out from the hotel restaurant for their arrival and will run down to the dock to greet them.  Can't wait!


Talking to other people in the hotel who have made the crossing during the same period (crew off a 90' Swan yacht and others off a 49' catamaran) it's been a really tough crossing so I'm both very proud of the four of them on Jay Jay and also glad I took the easy option, although I guess I'll always have a few regrets I missed out one stage of the full Atlantic circle.


So, they've made the crossing in 17 days and 20 hours, 4 days longer than originally hoped but here safe and sound which is all that matters!  


WELL DONE PAUL, ARNULF, GERNOT AND HERMANN .... WAY TO GO!!!